Thursday, October 6, 2011

"I'm Freaking Advanced!"

The other day, I made dinner. Around two o’clock, after numbing my brain via youtube videos, I decided to start that night’s dinner (minus the oven part). On the menu was Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Rolls. I’d never made or had it before but it basically sounded awesome because I love cheese, chicken, spinach, AND lasagna.

So, I’m in the kitchen doing my thing when I realize…this is the most cooking for one meal that I’ve ever done. Usually dinner consists of chicken, steamed veggies, and maybe rice or something. Pretty simple and basic. I was stuffing my lasagna rolls when I looked around and thought who the heck AM I? I hadn’t had any sugar that day but I felt some kind of surge of excitement that turned me into the cockiest person ever. I started complimenting myself (not out loud, don’t worry) for preparing such an awesome dinner. I imagined having important people over-like Bob Harper or the President-and serving them this delicious meal. I reached for my phone to text John, “I’m freakin advanced!!”

After completing the meal up to the oven step, I put it in the refrigerator and impatiently waited for John to get home. Occasionally I checked on it just to make sure I actually made something so amazing.

Finally John was home and the lasagna was almost ready to come out of the oven. I took it out and it pretty much smelt like angels. I cut off a piece with my fork and blew on it to cool it off. I put it in my mouth and…..disaster. In the moments that followed I have no recollection of swallowing or not. The lasagna had betrayed me. John took a bite and I thought he was going to vomit. Don’t worry, he didn’t.
We think the culprit was too much oregano. Disclaimer: I doubled checked the recipe to make sure I got all the measurements correct and I DID. So be fully aware that this is NOT my fault. It was completely awful and inedible and we had no choice but to throw that nasty out. What’s that saying about getting back on a horse that already proved how much he hated you by bucking you off? Yeah, I re-made this meal with WAY less oregano and as well as all other spices because now I’m paranoid. Hopefully we eat tonight.
In other news, I FINALLY (with no thanks to Ft. Meade and a HUGE thanks to Andrews Air Force Base) got my military ID today!

I made John retake this picture because I thought his smile was weird but I look better in this one than in the retake. Sorry John! J

0 comments:

Post a Comment