Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NOT running

Sometimes, I think I like running more than I like soccer. Then soccer season starts and I realize I would choose soccer over running 9.8 times out of 10.

Today proved that fact. After two weeks "off," broken up by the half, I have started training and working out again this week. As expected, I am sore. And tired. Especially today. I woke up almost two hours before my alarm went off and couldn't go back to sleep. I had the worst day at work that I've had since I started (don't worry, that's not saying too much since basically everyday has been good. It did throw me off though). I got to soccer practice and all I wanted to do was go home to the pets and eat food. Did I mention I was also hungry?

Anyway, practice started and I just found all this energy. Even later in practice when I knew I was worn out, I just wanted to run everywhere and get the ball. ITSSOFUN!!! I missed the skinned knees and the bruises and I would definitely choose that over ITBS and stress fractures.*

Don't worry, I still love running. And spin. And yoga. And Bodyrock. Except not Bodyrock that much because it is really hard but I love that it turns me into a ripped badass person with at least some muscle. I won't stop any of these things. Just if it was a life or death situation and I had to choose only one for the rest of my life, it's a no brainer.

*I realize that both of these can happen in soccer but this is just my experiences here. Because this blog is about me, duh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment