Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Yes I realize I'm about a week late with this one. I'm going to blame that on the fact that I've never actually made New Year's Resolutions before. I thought (and still think) that it's silly to make a resolution just because the calendar changes. However, looking at everything I accomplished last year, I'm finding myself wanting to take things up a notch. So I have decided to make goals in lieu of resolutions.

1. Run 600 miles. In 2011 I ran 328 miles and was on track to run over 400 until I took almost two months off after fracturing my foot. Last year I also couldn't run 3 miles until March, which means I spent two months running very low milage. I think I can definitely put out 600 this year (assuming there are no injuries that keep me from running for an extended amount of time) giving that I can run much farther and I will be marathon training in a few months. Which leads me to my next goal...

2. Run a full 26.2. I've finished two halves and I'll be making it three by March. It's time to conquer the full.

3. Strength train. "The workout you enjoy the least is probably what you need to do the most." John heard that somewhere from someone (aren't you glad I paid attention when he told me about it?) and it is completely true for me. I do not have the attention span to work on specific muscles but I'm going to try. Next time you see me I plan on looking like Lisa-Marie:


Just kidding. (I wish I wasn't).

4. Go to the DENTIST. It's been an ebarrassingly long time since I was at the dentist. I'm one of those weird people who like the dentist, although when I finally get in there this year I don't think it's going to be so fun. As long as I don't have any cavities, I'll be happy.

5. Go to the dermatologist. I went a while back because I had a random mole pop up, which turned out to be fine but it was recommended that I come in at another time to get a full body screening. I'm sure they didn't mean to wait almost two years but at least I didn't forget about it, right? Plus I want to get a few moles removed that I think are ugly. Apparently I'm fine going under the knife for vanity, who knew? And aren't you glad you just read a paragraph about my moles?

So that's all for now. Nothing earth shattering and I'll definitely make more goals over the course of the year but this is my start. I'm off to eat chips and salsa because that is the best food in all creation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment