Monday, February 13, 2012

Life is Good

Please excuse my lack of a creative title. Actually I don't think I've ever come up with a creative title for these. Anyway. In the car this morning I was thinking about how my life was a year ago. To sum it up in one world; awful. Or, as awful as it can be for someone who has a roof over her head and never goes hungry. You get my point. Fortunately it was one of the worst points in my life (I have a pretty good track record). A large part of my unhappiness was my job. I know everyone has to work a job they hate at some point but I worked with kids and it was extremely hard for me to work in a place that didn't provide the best for them. I felt helpless and picked up some bad habits that I am still trying to get rid of eight months later.

Anyway, I am BEYOND thankful that I am out of that place and working in a school that I absolutely love. I love all my co-workers and my kids and their parents. So there's that. Also, a year ago, John and I were trying to pay for part of our wedding. We had help from my parents but we still had a decent chunk that we had to cover. Can you believe I'm 24 and not rich yet?? Me neither. Now that's all over and paid for so we feel a little less strapped.

Running! Like I could go an entire post without mentioning running. A year ago I was only able to run about two miles. Now...well right NOW I can't run anything because of my dang ITBS but normally I can churn out about eight miles with little effort.


Planned an 8mi run but my knee decided I
only needed to run one. I look like a duck when I pout.
 I'm also loving everything else about my fitness right now. I have found forms of cross and strenght training that I love and soccer will be starting up again soon!

Finally, Lana Del Rey. She is gorgeous. Fact.



Off to squeeze in an episode of Heros before bed. John bugged me to watch this show probably since we first me and I finally caved. Should've listened to him sooner, its one of those shows I could probably lose a weekend to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment