Friday, February 24, 2012

Bodyrock 30 Day Challenge and a long run

I just finished Bodyrock.tv's January 30 Day Challenge (clearly I'm a little behind). After spending January coming back from my stress fracture and dealing with ITBS, I finially decided I really needed to spend some time on non-cardio related exercise. Aside from a random stint in college, I haven't worked on gaining muscle since my high school weight room days and after taking years off of serious working out and surgery, my muscles were more pathetic than usual. So, on January 30th I started the 30 Day Challenge one month after it was posted on the website.


It started with a fit test consisting of 7 exercises. You repeated the exercises as many times as possible for 50 seconds. After a 10 second break, you start the next exercise. The test was repeated halfway through the challenge and on the final day. Here are my results:



I want to note that the fit test calls for "straight abs" instead of crunches. When I first started I did not know what a straight ab was so I did crunches. I later realized they are just regular sit ups. One of the trainers is British and has different names for a few things (like press ups instead of push ups). I also want to note that the second fit test was after a run where I hurt my knee. Any bending of my knee was pretty painful and I think the results of the test reflect that more than anything.

Overall I am SO pleased with the results of these 30 days. Not only do I feel stronger but my legs are almost the same size!!! Even John noticed that my right quad is catching up with my left in a big way. I plan to keep doing bodyrock 5 days a week. I really think it has enabled me to start running again.

Speaking of running again, I'm hoping to have my first real long run tomorrow since the beginning of November. I'm a little nervous but I'm just going to focus on covering the distance-NOT on pace, although that will be difficult.

0 comments:

Post a Comment