Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring, Melody, and more running

So I kinda sorta ran a half marathon over a week ago and have yet to do a recap of it. Mostly because all I can think about is my spring break that starts in three days. And the main reason I'm so excited for spring break is not because I don't have to go to work. It's because I am cleaning out my closet!!! I am CRAZY excited about it. I am having to use what little will power I have to not start now because I know I don't have enough time to do it (since I am doing other important things like blogging and fake online shopping at Zara) and then I'll just get overwhelmed and sad. I could seriously make this entire post about how excited I am to clean out the closet but that would probably entertain you too much and I really want you to get off the computer and be productive today.

Other news, Melody is starting doggie college in April! She is so excited, I am sure.


A coworker recommended a dog trainer and we met with him on Saturday. Andrew is awesome and would give Cesar Millan a run for his money. He has the coolest house. He does all training at his house, including boarding and training. It was a pretty neat set up. We snagged the last spot in the Level 1 class that starts on April 7th. Andrew's evaluation of Melody consisted of talking to us while he pretended not to pay attention to Mel to see what she did. He pointed out that she kept running around to explore but continued to come back to us to kind of "check in." After she was done exploring she came over to us and just laid down waiting for whatever was next. Apparently all of this is good. Like I was surprised, Mel is the best dog ever.

Also, I have begun training for half marathon number 4 on April 29th. Barring any knee issues I am hoping to PR. For all other halves I've used Hal Higdon's novice training plan but this go around I'm using the FIRST plan which I think will work well for me. It's also the plan I am going to use for full marathon training starting in May. The plan has your running 3 days a week-a speed workout, tempo, and long run-and cross training 3 days a week which will fit easily with soccer, spin, bodyrock, and yoga. I had to start in the middle since there's only about four weeks to go. Today was my first speed workout. So far, so good!

That's about all for now. I will eventually get around to doing a recap of the DC half!

0 comments:

Post a Comment