Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last Friday Night

Friday was graduation at my school and John and I had plans that night to go to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. After graduation we started tearing down the classroom bulletin boards, posters, etc. Around that time it started pouring outside and John texted me that there had been a tornado sighted in a county close by and several counties (including ours) were under a tornado watch.

The rain caused us to get home way later than anticipated. We immediately changed into nice clothes and ran through the rain to the car. We headed into Baltimore to our friends’ loft apartment for fondue before the concert. We had never been to their place before and got lost walking from the car to the apartment. It was still raining really hard and I ended up having to take my shoes off. It’s impossible to keep wet patent leather heels on your feet.
We eventually made it to the apartment (which was awesome) and had fun meeting people and EATING before we walked a block (still raining) to the bus stop.
The group. John is under the word 'spirits' and my leg is to his right.
They were playing Mozart and Beethoven and it was great. I even let them off the hook for not playing moonlight sonata. I drank champagne. At the symphony. I am apparently 25 going on 60.
We obviously didn't spluge on tickets...
After the concert half of us went to a bar and the other half (myself included) headed back to the apartment. By this time it was REALLY coming down and the wind made it worse. I should note that through all of this I had an umbrella but thought about not even using it at this point because I was getting soaked despite it. It also kept blowing inside out. We had to walk several blocks to the bus stop, that was not covered or anything, and waited for a good while for the bus.
We finally piled on the bus and a guy who was on there asked to take a picture of all of us looking really depressed. I’m sure we were a sight soaking wet in our suits and nice dresses.
Back at the apartment I spent the rest of the night into the morning hours eating fondue, doing push ups, sitting in an open window, and winning at pool in my mind. By the time we headed back to our car, it had stopped raining. There’s probably a lesson in that somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment