Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunday Seven

What a "run." Typically I do all of my long runs on the B&A Trail, which is a 13 mile trail running from Annapolis to Glen Burnie. I start in Glen Burnie around mile 11.5 and head toward Annapolis, although I never get there since the farthest I've made it before turning around is 5 miles. On Sunday, my typical starting point was closed due to some kind of construction. John and I decided to find the actual trail head in Glen Burnie and go from there.


We ran the short bit of the B&A that wasn't closed and then headed onto the BWI Trail for the first time. As we hit four miles my knee pain that I've been having showed up. And then we hit this:


Running in the snow to avoid the ice on the trail.

I'll spare you the gory details but between the ice, COLD, and knee pain that got exponentially worse, this was not the best 3 miles of my life. I have to admit though, if I take out the pain and cold, and the fact that God seems to have decided I will never have a good seven mile run in my life (1st time I puked. A lot. 2nd time I had shin splints), it was a pretty fun time.


Please excuse my voice and sniffles.

We finally finished 7 miles in 1 hour and 22 minutes, which is slower than it takes me to run 8 miles. As we exited the trail we saw two dudes all over John's car, looking in the windows, clearly up to no good and making trouble in the neighborhood (I hope someone appreciates that reference). John scared them away with his manliness and I have decided to invest in pepper spray.

After this "run" I obviously deserved Chipotle.

Is this not the most beautiful picture you have ever seen???
Chipotle should thank me for inspiring anyone who looks at this to immediately go out and purchase a burrito bowl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment