Thursday, January 5, 2012

The World Spins Madly On

Today, my alarm went off at 4:30 am. I cannot remember the last time I got up that early. Maybe for the Richmond half, but I think I got up at 4:45 for that.

I got up that early because I had to leave the house by 4:50. Thankfully it was 32 degrees this morning instead of 14 degrees like yesterday. I HATE the fact that I just said I was thankful for it being in the 30s. As John said, "This feels like a heatwave compared to yesterday."

I had to leave by 4:50 because I had to be at my very first SPIN CLASS by 5:30. All the biking I did while I was sidelined from running made my knee feel almost completely normal. Sometimes I still can't believe it, I never thought it would be this good again. So, now that I can run, I didn't want to let the biking go to the wayside and thought a class would be a great way to make myself stick to it since group fitness is usually (usually) way more fun than going solo.

I wanted to get there a bit early to talk to the instructer since I had no idea how to adjust the bike or what I was doing. Her name is Amber and she is pretty cool (although how can you not be cool if you're that peppy at 5:30am in the middle of winter?).

We got started and I thought I was about to die. I was embarrassed to call myself any kind of athlete and worried that I would have to walk out of class. Then Amber said it was just the warm up and I decided I was in way over my head. Maybe it just took my a while to wake up find my groove because after a while, I got the hang of everything and had a lot of fun. The hour flew by, especially the last 30 minutes. I can't wait until 5:30 next Thursday.

PS-Next time you make oatmeal, put blueberries in it. You can thank me later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment