Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Things I Will Miss About Maryland

This list is premature, since I won't be leaving Maryland anytime soon, but sometimes I just need to remember the good things about this state.

1. No roaches

At least very few of them. If I had to pick one thing that I hate more than anything in the entire universe, its roaches. (TMI alert) Once, it had been one of those nights, and I really need to throw up but it just wasn't happening. I asked my friend to talk about gross things and he merely said, "Roaches." That was all it took.

I have totally called my neighbor to come over and kill a roach.

I have gone to the bathroom with another person because there was a roach in the house and I couldn't be alone knowing it was lurking somewhere.

Roaches have made me cry.

I may be dry heaving just typing about roaches.

If I had to choose between a roach touching me and death.....you all better come to my funeral.

2. My soccer team

I've played on a lot of soccer teams in my life and have never liked every person on my team. In fact, the main reason I decided not to play soccer my freshman year of college is because I didn't feel like dealing with the drama that ensuses when you make 18 girls play a competative sport together and spend 98% of their time together during the season.



I can honestly say I LOVE every girl on my team now. We all get along and its almost surreal. I briefly considered joining a slightly more competative team but decided it wasn't worth giving up playing with these girls. If you are a non-creepy single guy who wants to be un-single, you should definitely date someone on my team because they are all awesome at soccer, pretty, and probably have some cool job in DC.

3. Fall

This one is a bit of a stretch because I've only experienced one fall in my life and I'm not sure that's enough to know whether or not I'll miss it. But I hate winter, Spring is a tease, and Summer is the main season everywhere else I've lived so if I have to miss a season I pick fall. When fall first happened, I thought it was winter. Anything 60 degrees and under to me means winter. But it is really pretty and cooler weather can be kind of exciting.


4. Basements

I don't have a basement but I think they may be the greatest thing humans have ever come up with. I put them right up there with the wheel and written language. I think every house in the world should have a basement. Is there a better way to save space and add space all at the same time?? Not really, no. When we go over to peoples' houses who have basements, I really have to try to keep my excitement in check so that they don't find out I'm a weirdo and stop being our friends.

5. Dragons

I realize dragons aren't real but I didn't have a 5th thing that I like about MD and I have issues with even numbers so I just put something that I like but nowhere has it so I don't have to wish I was somewhere else. Which would defeat the purpose of this list. Are you still with me? Good. Here's Abe Lincoln:


0 comments:

Post a Comment